How to Lose weight at 41 Years old Woman ? ( Becs's Success Story )

 Becs Hurst, 41 years old woman from London -  can still recall the shame as her childhood nickname “tree trunk legs” was shouted across the schoolyard by bullies. It sparked a cycle of binge eating – particularly sausages and Oreo cookies – and crippling anxiety which saw her weight creep up to 300  lbs. But now, after losing 130 lbs - the last thing Becs is ashamed of is her legs.

 


After all, they’re how she’s completed more than 50 Park Runs and achieved her dream of running the London Marathon – in six hours and 19 minutes. She admits the thought of crossing the finish line earlier this month didn’t always seem possible.

Becs says: “It was undoubtedly one of the best days of my life and the ­atmosphere, the positivity, was incredible. Everyone was smiling and helped other runners who were struggling in the heat. I’d wanted to beat six hours, but because of the heat I had to scale it back, which is fine"

Becs’ weight problem started at an early age when her nan would turn up on her doorstep with biscuits and cakes.

“Nan was basically a feeder who took pride in me being ‘healthy’, or to ­translate ‘chubby’,” Becs says. "Until I went to college I literally only had one friend, and she went to a different school so I felt so isolated.”

Then, in the summer of 2018, Becs had a check-up.

Her GP didn’t pull any punches – he told her she was grossly obese and at serious risk of heart disease and stroke.

“There I was, in my 30s, 300 lbs, single, being told I was killing myself. It was the wake-up call I needed to change,” she says.

The local authority was offering a Keto Diet plan course, so she signed up thinking she had nothing to lose – and with the prospect of having a 40th birthday party the next autumn, she had the incentive of not being the “usual blob” in photos. ( Read more about her Keto Plan Here )

 


Becs started with Keto just before Christmas but what should have been the hardest time to diet was easy, she says, because unlike other diets she never felt any food was off limits.

“I could have chocolate, takeaways, anything, but in moderation,” she says. “I genuinely never felt hungry.”

In 12 weeks she lost 20 pounds, so decided to carry on paying for the classes out of her own pocket. By the time of her 40th birthday in November 2018, she had 70 lbs

“Of course, I was still far from slim, but I felt so confident and had so many compliments,” she says. “It was like I’d turned a corner and had the running bug to keep me going.”

Needless to say, all her vital statistics are back to normal for the first time since she was a little girl – cholesterol, BMI and blood pressure.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

How to Lose Weight at 42 Years Old Woman - Hannah's Success Story

How to Lose 5 Dress sizes in 4 Months - Kate's Success Story